Please follow the instructions that will be given by Mr Raj & the nursing team after your
The usual precautions are as follows:
- Put your post-operative eye drops regularly (please maintain good hygiene around your eyes and wash hands before putting drops).
- Please avoid rubbing your eyes or putting any pressure on your eye.
- Your vision may be somewhat blurry for first few days after a cataract operation and may be for a few weeks after a glaucoma
operation, please discuss this with the team if you are worried.
- Please keep putting your anti-glaucoma drops after your cataract surgery, you will most likely be advised to stop them after galucoma surgery.
- Please avoid strenuous physical activities, like lifting heavy weights, bending and physical or contact sports in the few weeks after your operation.
- Please avoid eye/face make up for a week before and after surgery as there may be an increased risk of infection/inflammation to your operated eye.
- Please avoid throwing water directly to your eyes/face. Gently clean and wipe your eyes with wet towel or flannel.
- Please keep the eye shield on at night to avoid any undue pressure on your eye and also to prevent your eye rubbing against the pillow.
- Please keep your scheduled appointments in the clinic.
- Please note that your eye will feel gritty, sore and uncomfortable for a few days. In most cases these will settle and occasionally some regular painkillers like Paracetamol tablets are of
- Please report any unusual symptoms like, pain, sudden loss of vision, redness of the eye (more than expected), discharges from the eye to the contact number you were given after your operation or
the local eye emergency unit.